- 2 Sweet Plantains
- 1 Cup Coconut or Avocado Oil
- 1/3 Cup Palm Oil
- 2 Cups Black Eyed beans - Boiled
- 1 Tablespoon EssieSpice Coco-For-Garlic Sauce
- 1 Medium sized onion - sliced
- 1/2 Jar EssieSpice LOFF Sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- Small Piece of Salted Fish (Omit if Vegetarian)
Preparation of Fried Plantains
- In a medium frying pan, add coconut oil on medium heat.
- Slice plantains as desired and fry for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown
- Remove from oil, place in paper towel to remove excess oil and set aside for the beans
Preparation of Beans stew
- In a deep stewing pot, add the palm oil on medium heat
- Add the Salted fish and cook on both sides for a minute each. Remove from oil and place aside
- Add Onions and cook till soft and translucent.
- Add the Tomato paste, and spices. Stir until completely even.
- Add the LOFF and reduce heat. Allow to simmer for about 8-10 minutes
- Add the black eyed beans, mix completely. Add salt to taste.
- Allow to cook all together for about 10 more minutes. It's ready to serve with the plantains as is, or you can add the roasted Cassava flakes if you want to really go traditionally.
You can absolutely omit the Fish and EssieSpice Coco-For-Garlic to make this Vegan (EssieSpice Coco-For-Garlic Sauce contains Honey)